Master of Science in Accounting
The Master of Science in Accounting at Bay Path University is designed to give students an immediate return on their educational investment by providing them with the information, knowledge and skills that can be leveraged in many career paths, including auditing, management consulting, financial accounting & reporting, management accounting, financial analysis, tax preparation, and forensic accounting.
Our Online Master's Degree in Accounting offers 5 Career-Focused concentrations. All of our concentrations are supported by a core MSA curriculum. The concentrations help students focus on their career paths within the accounting industry.
- Data Analytics: Data analytics is a crucial knowledge area for accountants who need to analyze and interpret big data.
- Finance: Financial analytics and corporate finance concepts are vital for students wishing to pursue corporate/managerial accounting positions and are heavily tested on the CMA exams.
- Forensic Accounting: our online Forensic Concentration is recognized as one of the top online Forensic Accounting Programs in the USA.
- Managerial Accounting: this concentration allows students to customize their degree with courses from other concentrations within the Accounting program or from other graduate programs, such as cybersecurity, leadership and negotiation, and nonprofit management.
- Public Accounting (Tax & Audit): courses are aligned with the four sections of the CPA exam covering financial reporting, tax, law, audit, and cost accounting.
Request Information Today
The Master's in Accounting program can be completed in 8*, 12, or 24 months. You choose! The 8 and 12 month accelerated program options allow students to focus on completing the 150-credit requirement for the CPA exam. (*February start date only)
Our accelerated, flexible schedule also means that students can chose not to register for classes during the traditional busy season for accountants. That way you can adjust your life, work and professional goals.
The online MS in Accounting degree program is also designed to satisfy the 150- semester-hour educational requirement for licensure as a Certified Public Accountant as adopted by over 40 states, including Massachusetts and Connecticut.
In addition, our Master's in Accounting program includes:
- Individualized advising and career coaching from full-time, academically and professionally (CPA) certified faculty
- Curriculums customized for state-specific CPA requirements
- Opportunities for busy season accounting internships
Master's in Accounting Online Degree program Frequently Asked Questions
When can I start the Master's in Accounting Online Degree program?
There are five opportunities to start the master's degree in accounting between Spring and Fall, with the potential to complete the program in 8, 12, or 24 months. Reach out to admissions for more detail.
Can I complete the Master's in Accounting Online Degree program while working full-time?
The majority of our students are working full-time and are able to manage their academic coursework with their outside commitments.
How many courses and credits are there?
The online MS in Accounting is a flexible 30 credit program, which you can complete in 8, 12, or 24 months. The Master's in Accounting Online Degree program also has a unique schedule, in that it allows students not to take classes during the peak accounting busy season
Is the Master's in Accounting Degree program offered online?
Yes, the course schedule is 100% online. Students learn in a small, intimate, highly dynamic, and interactive online community.
Who teaches the courses in the Master's in Accounting Online Degree program?
Our extraordinary faculty are teaching practitioners, as well as academics, with extensive business experience.
How much is tuition for the Master's in Accounting Online Degree program?
The cost per credit is $855/credit.
Can I get help paying for my Master's in Accounting Online Degree program?
Yes, financial aid is available.
Do you accept transfer credits?
Yes, graduate credits can be transferred into the Master's in Accounting Online Degree program.
Do I have to take a standardized test for admission?
No. The GMAT and GRE are not required.
Will I have access to learning resources?
Yes. Students have access to mentoring, tutoring, library resources, academic resources, and career services.
Fill in the form today and one of our admissions counselors will be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
The Bay Path Advantage in Accounting
Our Real World Curricula
Our faculty draws from years of experience in the field as both academic experts and practitioners and uses real world examples to teach an innovative and up to date curriculum which prepares students to be strategic and expert leaders in their chosen concentration.
A Great ROI
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual base salary for accountants in the US in 2021 was $ 77,250, and certification in a specific field of accounting, such as becoming a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA), may improve job and earnings prospects.
"I chose Bay Path's MSA program because it demonstrated a distinct interest in helping students succeed through small classes and one-on-one attention. I also found the accelerated schedule attractive in terms of career growth and the chance for an immediate return on my educational investment. I really needed the flexibility of timing in the online courses. This allowed me to fit the rest of my life in (and sleep!) more readily".
SerahRose Bissell G'17 | MS in Accounting
Q&A with the Program Director, Dr Kara Stevens
What’s the value of a Master of Science in Accounting?
The time and effort put into the degree pays off with really good jobs in the market and the ability to move into management roles. The Bureau of Labor Statistics cites a median salary of $77,570 for accountants in 2021, and projects 7% job growth from 2020 to 2030.
Why choose Bay Path for for your Master's Degree in Accounting?
- For our program’s flexibility: As a graduate student, I had the experience of doing on-campus graduate work while working full time. I hated dashing out for a night class and leaving co-workers still at work. This was especially difficult as a young professional. Bay Path’s online format gives working professionals flexibility in when they get the work done and the option of taking no classes during the traditional accounting/tax busy season. Our accelerated option lets non-working students complete the program in just 8 months. While other programs have more limited start dates, we offer 5 different start dates and work with students individually to find the right track for them. Students can choose the accelerated option and complete the program in just 8 months, or they can choose the 1-year or 2-year track options.
- For our program’s 5 concentrations: Our Public Accounting concentration aligns with the CPA exam content areas (Auditing & Attestation, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Regulation, and Business Environment & Concepts) to fill some of the gaps on the CPA exam of an undergraduate accounting degree and to enhance current understanding in some of these areas. Our Finance and Managerial Accounting concentrations provide an increased skill set to new accountants or help accountants working in corporate to advance their careers to the next level. Our Forensic Accounting concentration provides the technology training required for investigative “white collar crime” accounting work and has won many national rankings. We are excited to launch a new Data Analytics concentration, which recognizes the increasing need for accountants to be able to interpret and analyze big data.
- For Bay Path’s strength in cybersecurity education: Our students benefit from University expertise in data analytics and other hot topics currently impacting the accounting industry.
- For our expert use of live and recorded chats, Google Hangout tools, and other online technology to create a strong community of students.
- For our program’s national rankings. It has been recognized. by onlinemasters.com, thebestcolleges.org, bestvalueschools.org, and gradschoolhub.com as one of the best and most affordable online master’s in accounting degrees in the country.
About Bay Path University
Our Mission and Vision
Since Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, its goal has been to provide a practical, affordable, and career oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities, while preparing students to realize their dreams, and to make a lasting difference in the world.
Bay Path University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education.
Flexible and Affordable
Bay Path was one of the first universities to pioneer online learning. Our courses are a mixture of synchronous and asynchronous, letting you study when it works for you and allowing you to take care of your work, family and other commitments.
Contact us today
for more information
Our Admissions Counselors can answer all your questions.